This post is different from another post.
I hope after reading this post you will be more aware of the environment – our surroundings and your footprints in the environment.
Here I have asked one question which is followed by the answer. Also, this post is useful in your mains preparation. You can use these one-liners in your mains GS papers or essay papers, to value add your answer.
Life Cycle of Different Materials | Environment Pollution
- How many years does a tetra pack need to degrade completely in the soil? 5 Years
- How many days does cotton need to degrade completely in the soil? 1-5 Months
- How many years do children’s diapers take for complete degradation? 500-800 years
- How long does it take for plywood to degrade completely in the soil? 1-3 years
- How many years does a Nylon Cloth take for complete degradation? 30-40 years
- How long it takes for a piece of rope to degrade completely? 3-14 months
- How many years does a leather shoe take for complete degradation? 20-40 years
- How long does it take for a tin can to completely degrade in the soil? 50 years
- How many years wool socks take to degrade? 1-5 years
- How long does it take for a plastic bottle to degrade in the soil? 70-150 years
- How many years a plastic bag takes to degrade in the soil? 500-1000 years
- How long does it take for a fishing line to degrade? 600 years
- How many years a glass bottle takes to degrade? 1000 years and more
- A piece of a newspaper takes how many weeks for decomposition? 6 weeks
- An Aluminium can take how many years for decomposition? 200 years
- A train ticket takes how many weeks for decomposition? 2 weeks
- A battery takes how many years for its decomposition? 100 years
- How long does it take for a disposable diaper to degrade in soil? 250-500 years
I hope you liked this fact and you learned something new today. This data is taken from the Science Reporter magazine. Our earth provides us with land to live, air to breath, water to drink and we should be more responsible while living on this planet.
This is my small effort to create awareness about environmental degradation.