Hey aspirants here in this post you will know everything about Kanishak Kataria (AIR 1/ UPSC-CSE-2018). You will know booklist, age, family, marks, optional and strategy of Kanishak Kataria. Already we have discussed same for Junaid Ahmad.
|Rank in CSE-2018||AIR 1|
|Marital Status/ Girlfriends||Unmarried / Mentioned about GF in Interview|
|Total attempts in CSE (including this one)||2|
|Medium chosen for Mains answers||English|
|Medium chosen for Interview||English|
|Home town/city||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Work-experience if any||Samsung Electronics in South Korea|
|Details of other competitive exams, including success/failures||–|
|Details of coaching, mock tests, postal material for any competitive exam (if used)||Vajiram —> Excellent teaching pathetic administrationVisionIAS —> Mains test seriesKSG for mocks|
Education Details of Kanishak Kataria
|Education||fill the details here|
|% in class 10||94|
|% in class 12||96|
|Graduation course and %||B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering|
|Name of college, city, passing out year||IIT Bombay (2010-2014)|
|Hobbies & Extracurricular achievements||Watching Cricket, Football and Tennis|
- Home: Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Schooling: Kota, Rajasthan
- Graduation: B.Tech in Computer Science from IIT Bombay – 2014 Batch
- Work experience: Sept 2014 – Feb 2016: Samsung Electronics, South Korea
- March 2016 – May 2017: Two Roads Technological Solutions, Bangalore
General Tips For UPSC Preparation
- Most important need to sustain motivation for atleast 1.5 year
- Go through detailed syllabus and Pattern of examination
- Look at Past Year Questions for better understanding of what UPSC “demands”
- See few blogs/videos by qualified aspirants to understand the basic challenges;
- Note: not necessary to follow what they did
- Identify your likes/dislikes, strengths/weaknesses it will help in strategising and optional selection
WATCH: Kanishak Kataria Booklist for Prelims and Mains
Click on image to watch the video.
Prelims (CSAT) Paper-1: General studies
|TOPIC||STRATEGY/ BOOKLIST/ COMMENT|
|Ancient India||Jain sir class notes, NCERT few chapters, test series|
|Medieval India||Cost benefit ratio very low. Only test series.|
|Modern Indian History (Freedom Struggle)||Parmar sir class notes, NCERT, Spectrum|
|Art and Culture||Class notes + Test series|
|Polity (Static + Current)|
|Economy (Static + Current)|
|Science (Static + Current)|
|Environment (Static + Current)|
|Geography of the World|
|International Events||PT 365s Internet|
|Schemes, Policy & Other Gaps|
General Studies (Mains) Paper 1 Booklist
|Culture||Only class notes + Test series learning ▸ Didn’t have enough time to focus on it|
|Indian History||NCERT (old), Spectrum, Class notes|
|World History||Class notes, NCERT 9th and 10th, Few topics from Vision supplementary material|
|Post-independence India||Class notes + 12th Polity NCERT|
|Indian Society||Class notes, Sociology NCERT 12th, Vision Mains 365|
|Role of women, poverty etc.||Class notes, Sociology NCERT 12th, Vision Mains 365|
|Globalisation on Indian society||Class notes, Sociology NCERT 12th, Vision Mains 365|
|Communalism, regionalism, secularism||Class notes, Sociology NCERT 12th, Vision Mains 365|
|World Geo Physical Phenomena||Mrunal Rajtanil slides|
|Resource distribution||Mrunal slides (no videos) + Anudeep Sir’s notes (only for ﬁlling gaps)|
|Factors for industrial location||Mrunal Rajtanil slides|
|Earthquake tsunami etc||Mrunal Rajtanil slides|
|Impact on flora-fauna||Mrunal Rajtanil slides|
General studies (Mains) Paper 2 – Booklist/ Resources
Books / Resources
Indian Polity and Constitution
Class notes, Vajiram materials (few topics
Class notes, Vajiram materials (few topics)
Class notes, Newspapers, Selected regions from Mains 365
General studies (Mains) Paper 3 Syllabus and Booklist
Only class notes + Internet references
General Studies 4 Syllabus and Resources Ethics, Integrity, aptitude
How to Decide Optional by Kanishak Kataria?
Decide the subject which you like to study. It will act as a source of refreshment away from monotonous GS syllabus. See the syllabus, PYQs, talk to seniors with similar background / interests and then decide.
Most importantly, stick by the decision which you have made; don’t get swayed easily by others’ opinion.
In case of Confusion between two optional –
- In case of any confusion between 2 optionals, try to study one of them for 7-10 days and see if you are liking it. Continue if you like it, else try the other one. But do not get stuck for more than a month.
- Finalise and get started with the optional asap. Aim should be to finish at least one revision before dedicated Prelims preparation.Fill any gaps you had left in optional.
- Revise optional and make very short notes for Last minute revision.
- Get into the rhythm of Answer Writing as you would have not done it for last 2.5-3 months. You can devote 1 hour daily.
- Start reading newspapers again and make notes. They will help you later. Elections are over, so more relevant / non-political news will also appear. Be vigilant.
- Those who have been making notes online or those who have slow writing speed, switch to offline note making and more writing. Get that speed up by practicing.
Source: Kanishak Kataria Telegram Channel
Credit: Family and Friends
When he was asked whom you would like to give credit for your success. He said that he never expected to get the 1st rank. He further said “I think my parents, sister and girlfriend for the help and moral support. People will expect me to be a good administrator and that’s exactly my intention.
There are many persons who have helped me a lot and my flatmate who were their with me Ashish and Pratik who helped me a lot. My friends from college who have also appeared in this examination and cleared it I just followed this strategy and Akshay Gudara he cleared UPSC in 2016 he is IAS in Rajasthan. Pruthvi Tej he secured 24th rank last year. Then Namrata Singh she cleared UPSC in 2016 is in IRS custom and lastly Varun reddy he is got 7th rank in this year. Also Their are many teachersIts very Surprising moment.
He further added “You have to be smart enough to identify to pick your resources and study from it. Smart work is pretty much required another thing which is important to be self aware about your strengths and your weaknesses. Without self awareness it becomes difficult to formulate your own strategy and stick by it because 2 years duration is the long time where you have to sustained the motivation the momentum that you can study fore enough quantity that you can clear the examination.”
Study Tips for Beginners
- Self reflection/ Self awareness
- understanding strength and weaknesses
- Don’t do what as what people guid you towards doing
- Coaching is not sufficient thing for clear this exam
Kanishak Kataria Mark sheet | CSE-2018 Mark-sheet
|ESSAY Paper 1)||133|
|GENERAL STUDIES-1 (PAPER-2)||098|
|GENERAL STUDIES-2 (PAPER-3)||117|
|GENERAL STUDIES-3 (PAPER-4)||117|
|GENERAL STUDIES-4 (PAPER-5)||116|
|OPTIONAL – (MATHEMATICS) (PAPER-6)||170|
|OPTIONAL- (MATHEMATICS) (PAPER-7)||191|
Youtube Video Booklist for UPSC Preparation For Prelims 2020
- Booklist for UPSC Preparation For Prelims 2020 Kanishak Kataria UPSC Topper 2018.
- Download PPT –> Click Me. #upsc #ias #iastopper.
This video will help the UPSC candidates to plan a proper strategy to start the preparation for UPSC Civil Services IAS examination.