Daily Current Affairs | 25th September 2019
- If you want to save to Evernote simply copy.
- To printout, PDF is available down below.
- Watch video regarding the same along with the Decoding Hindu Editorial at 9:00 PM On YouTube.
Dada Saheb Falke Awards | Awards
- Countries highest film honour. Presented by National Film Ceremony.
- The award consists of a golden lotus + a cash prize of ₹10 lakh + a shawl.
- Award is given for outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian cinema
- First presented in 1969.
- The first recipient: actress Devika Rani (the first lady of Indian cinema)
- News? Award will be presented to Amitabh Bachchan this year. Amitabh Bachchan made his debut in 1969 with the film Saat Hindusthani.
- Dadasaheb Phalke (1870–1944): An Indian film-maker who directed India’s first full-length feature film, Raja Harishchandra (1913). Also, he is regarded as “the father of Indian cinema.”
National Service Scheme | Polity and Governance
- Scheme launched in 1969
- To develop the personality and character of young students
- Voluntary community participation and activity
- NSS volunteer plays an imp role by spreading awareness about govt schemes and initiatives.
- Funding: From 2016 it is Central Sector Scheme
Article 35 and 51 of the UN Charter | International
- Amit Shaha: Nehru should have taken POK matter to the UN under Article 35 of the UN charter instead of Article 51 of the UN Charter.
- Article 35 of the UN Charter provides that any member of the UN may take a dispute to the Security Council or General Assembly if the parties to a dispute – that has the potential for endangering international peace – are not able to resolve the matter through negotiations between them.
- Article 51 says that a UN member has the “inherent right of individual or collective self-defence” if attacked, “till such time that the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security”.
- The issue was that Pakistan had invaded Kashmir in October 1947. Pandit Nehru took the issue to UN under Article 51 and the ceasefire was brokered by a United Nations Mission.
Gandhi Solar Park | Environment and Ecology
- PM Modi in his recent visit to the United States, inaugurated the Gandhi Solar Park and Gandhi Peace Garden, to mark the 150th anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi.
- 2nd October 2019 will be Gandhiji’s 150th Birth Anniversary.
- The 50 KWh rooftop solar park has 193 solar panels. Each panel represents a member of the multilateral body.
- India has gifted solar panels (contribution of about USD 1 million) that have been installed on the roof of the UN Headquarters @New York.
World’s Firs Camel Hospital | Environment and Ecology
- World’s first camel hospital in Dubai will expand its facilities
- Famous among local owners + camel breeders across the world
- Camels are an integral part of the UAE heritage
- Camels provide transportation facility + Food + Milk
India’s International Science Festival | Sci & Tech
- The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 will be held from 5th – 8th November 2019 @ Kolkata
- Theme: RISEN India – Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation.
- IISF is an annual event
- Organised jointly: Ministry of Science and Technology + Ministry of Earth Sciences + Vijnana Bharati (Vibha).
- To encourage the young minds towards the field of science
- IISF is a festival to celebrate the achievements of India’s scientific + technological advancements
- Participants: Students + innovators + craftsmen + farmers + scientists + technocrats from India and abroad.
Krishi Kisan App | Agriculture
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare launched ‘Krishi Kisan App for Geo Tagging
- It will provide farmers with information of best suitable demo of High Yield Crops cultivated in surrounding areas
- Any farmer with high-quality crops can use this platform and show best practices to other farmers.
- The app will help in Geo-tagging and geo-fencing
- Geo-Tagging: Photo contains metadata such as coordinates, altitude and other geographical information of the location
Join PDF Membership Program: Click Here